1. Sheynnis Palacios of Nicaragua was named Miss Universe 2023 in a lively competition hosted in San Salvador, El Salvador.
2. Anntonia Porsild of Thailand finished first runner-up in this renowned international competition.
3. There were 84 nations represented in the tournament, with their individual beauty queens fighting for the coveted title.
4. Among the event's esteemed judges were model Halima Aden, "Queer Eye" celebrity Carson Kressley, TikTok personality Avani Gregg, and two former Miss Universe winners, Janelle Commissiong and Iris Mittenaere.
5. The contest began with the selection of 20 semi-finalists through preparatory competitions and a global fan voting.
6. Notable contestants included Miss Nepal, the first 'curvy' semi-finalist, and Miss Pakistan, who made history by wearing a burkini in the swimsuit round.
7. After the evening gown and swimsuit rounds, as well as two rounds of Q&A on current subjects, the competition was reduced to three finalists.
8. In the last round, Palacios praised 18th-century British philosopher Mary Wollstonecraft, emphasising her feminist ideas.
9. Miss Colombia, Camila Avella, and Miss Puerto Rico, Karla Guilf, were among the top five contestants.
10. Sheynnis Palacios replaces R'Bonney Gabriel of the United States as Miss Universe, ushering in a new age of global beauty and glamour.